Class 11 - Summer dessert, individual, with recipe
Ingredients and Method.
Small sundae dish
100g mixed fruit (fruits of the forest-frozen) OR
fresh fruits- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
2 slices white bread
Small carton of double cream
1. Defrost frozen fruit if using, in a small pan. If using fresh fruit add 2 tablespoons of water.
2. Heat gently with the sugar for 3 minutes (stirring occasionally).
Allow to cool.
3. Cut the crusts off the slices of bread.
4. Cut one to line the dish.
5. Add the fruit and juice and press down.
6. Cut a circle out of the 2nd slice of bread to fit the top of the dish. Press down. Place weights or something heavy on top. Leave in fridge overnight or 4-5 hours.
7. Decorate with cream to serve if you wish. Enjoy!